Assassin's True Name is Shuten-douji (酒呑童子, Shuten-dōji?), one of Japan's Three Great Monsters. The boss that governed the Oni within the castle structure on Mount Ooe during the Heian period. There are various theories about Shuten-douji’s origins. There is a theory where she is considered the child of a human and the Great God Ibuki of Mount Ibuki (= Yamata no Orochi), and there is another theory where she is considered the heaven-sent child of Mount Togakushi (= Kuzuryuu). At any rate, she is the child of a Dragon God, possessing a shared background with Sakata Kintoki. Due to her anecdotes and vestiges, she is classified as an "Anti-Hero".
In this work, it is Ibaraki-douji who is the boss and ringleader of the Oni on Mount Ooe, and Shuten-douji was perching on the Oni palace of Mount Ooe as some kind of house guest————that was the taken point of view. However, the one who is viewed as an ancestor to the gods, Ibuki-douji, that is, the existence of Shuten-douji, is certainly adequate enough to draw the attention of the authorities of ancient Kyoto, Abe no Seimei and the others. Surely, the most dangerous existence among the Oni of Mount Ooe is no doubt Shuten-douji, so to speak.
Whether she is the direct “child” of the Great God Ibuki, or whether she is a “descendant” who succeeded its blood, it is not clear. In the end, Shuten-douji herself does not speak about her origins. The alias called Ibuki-douji is just something attached to her by Ibaraki-douji, who saw the true nature of Yamata no Orochi’s power in her. It may not be discovered that the person herself has forgotten her past and the likes of it. As long as there is beguiling alcohol, brilliant banquets and enjoyable performances, she has no regrets.
And yet… it seems that Shuten-douji had not completely forgotten her past regarding the existence of Sakata Kintoki, one who possesses origins similar to her own (being the child of a man-eating witch and a Dragon God), the man hanging in her mind ever since the time when he was young.
Shuten-douji's connection with Sakata Kintoki continues on since that time. She, in the form of a beautiful girl, met Kintoki, who then fell in love with her. Given that this companion was easy to tease on some occasions, she had a good time while being accompanied with snacks and alcohol. As far as Shuten is concerned, they are no more than drinking bouts, but as far as Kintoki is concerned, they are demonic banquets that would kill him if he took the atmosphere lightly.
—That is Shuten's eloquence.
Because of the disappearances of young men and princesses at the Imperial Capital happening one after another, Abe no Seimei did a divination and ascertained the matter to be the deed of Shuten-douji. Raikou’s Four Heavenly Kings, lead by Minamoto no Raikou himself, was ordered to subjugate her, arriving at the Oni’s castle while dressed in itinerant Buddhist monk attires. At the banquet, Raikou and the others made Shuten-douji and her group drink poisoned sake, then attacked them while they were asleep, punishing them. The removed head of Shuten-douji’s attacked Raikou, but it is said that the attack was thwarted due to the latter’s helmet given by a god. They used foul play in killing Shuten-douji, which Kintoki greatly regretted to the point of wanting to wish for Shuten-douji's revival to meet her once again.
Under the moonlight, a man-eating flower is glamorously in full bloom while stealing away the eyes of the people watching. A demon wearing a girl’s form, narrowing her eyes while licking her lips seductively. It may not be known that although her outward appearance properly resembles a human girl, Shuten-douji is not a human being. Even though she seems to communicate with words like a human being, she is essentially a different being. Her preferences are similar to a human’s, but for her to love something is but a theory, from the idea that if she suddenly put her hand on the things she loves, it would not be understood by humans as love. Although she knows love, requests love, and embraces love, it is impossible to overlap that love with the right people. Her love is accompanied with blood; her love spreads death; her love tears one’s heart. Her impulse hidden under her white naked body is surely rising and swelling, being distorted, and rolling around. Therefore, she is a demon.
Shuten-douji doesn’t talk about her wish for the Holy Grail. Just like how she was when she was alive, going wherever her fancy takes her, she thinks and behaves as she pleases, not being any different in the present days nor in the bygone days. Also, she is a collector of antiques and rarities, even having a keen interest in the Red Dragon Ulna dwelling on Kintoki’s arm. She appears to attach an importance on rarity and on the elegance of their appearances regarding those items, so she is incompatible with the King of Heroes who attaches an importance on the items’ history and performance.
Regarding the Providential Oni Poison Sake, Shuten-douji regards it as her wine. It is something for her alone. At first, it was something brought by General Raikou, but it is her's now. Shuten had thought that it was fine drinking this, even if she died, but having a wine without blood and the moon and its silver is unthinkable to her. Shuten likes this wine, citing it as a very sweet drink, as the essence of sweetness. She describes it having a trembling, hot taste, as if that of a melting taste, and if there is a pinch of blue eyes reflecting the moonlight, then there is nothing else that she would want.
- Sakata Kintoki
- “Fufu. That blond-haired, blue-eyed youngster. As usual…” As a matter of fact, she thinks it is better to take off those sunglasses. If she sees a chance, she will take them off.
- "By the way, when my decapitated head was laid down at Mount Ooe, like that, I thought this was farewell from this world, and from this Ibaraki. It was a strange relationship we had, sharpening my horn like that even at this morning; this naughty kid hasn’t changed, you know.”
- Raikou’s Four Heavenly Kings
- “Ibaraki would be delighted if Master Tsuna came around, no? Oh Ibaraki, your face is deeply red from this sort of thing? What what, are you spouting out blood from your forehead in that much rage from having heard Tsuna’s name? Yes, that is good.”
- “Ohhhhhhh. Hmm. That fox, so she’s that kind of woman here. Well that is very… you know…?"
- Onra / Otakemaru / King Akuro
- “Come to think of it, I don’t see them appearing around here. You know, we are said to be all anti-heroes, so it seems to be difficult to summon them. Ah, that’s not true. There’s a way to summon them, yes.”
- Koga Saburo and his family line
- “For me to utter about them, there is no reason to. Truly, intolerable————"
Rashoumon: The Devilish Capital of Restless Spirits and Drunken DreamsEdit
Onigashima: The Demonic Fairy TaleEdit
Salomon: The Grand Time TempleEdit
Shimosa Province: The Stage of Rivers of Blood and Mountains of CorpsesEdit
Alcoholic Scent of a Fruit (果実の酒気, Kajitsu no Shuki?) is a Skill where a target can be made dead drunk from a sigh, a tone of voice, or even a gaze that possesses an aroma of a tipsiness of a fruit, similar to being enchanted. In the case of beings that do not have the means for magical defense (common people and animals), their thoughts end up melting in an instant.
Creation and ConceptionEdit
Comment from IllustratorEdit
"I requested to draw a lolibaba that speaks in Kyoto dialect and who acts lively yet restrained, so I am thankful to get the OK for her appearance to only put on a kimono over her practically naked body. Her equipment seems to be a collection of shops making a sudden visit to Kyoto, but I wanted to include a multicultural design to give somebody the impression of the Silk Road, so it might have been nice to incorporate some more. Also, her magnificent voice is alluring, and it is also the best that her dialogue creates a smokescreen by mixing together truth and falsehood; I’m melting~"
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 Fate/Grand Order material IV - Shuten-douji, p.006-017, translated by Clyton at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26 2.27 2.28 Fate/Grand Order Profile of Shuten-douji, translated by Master of Chaos at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
 Fate/Grand Order - Berserker Profile
Sakata Kintoki - Berserker
Level 1 Bond
Level 2 Bond
Level 3 Bond
Level 4 Bond
Level 5 Bond
坂田金時 - バーサーカー
アンロック条件: Interlude name
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Shuten-douji's Bond Craft Essence: Providential Oni Poison Sake
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 09: X / Disposal Chute Andromalius
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Shuten-douji interlude 01: Get Drunk, Get Crazy, Get Furious