Avenger (アヴェンジャー, Avenjā?) is an Avenger-class Servant able to be summoned by Ritsuka Fujimaru in the Grand Orders of Fate/Grand Order. She is also a boss-only character under the Ruler-class during the events of the Orleans Singularity.
Avenger's True Name is Jeanne d'Arc (Alter), also known as Jeanne Alter (ジャンヌ・オルタ, Jan'nu Oruta?), the Altered version of Jeanne d'Arc. Although designated an Alter, it does not mean that she is a different aspect of Jeanne d'Arc. A Jeanne of vengeance that Gilles de Rais, the French Army's marshal who grieved for Jeanne d'Arc's death, fabricated by means of the Holy Grail shortly after the execution of Jeanne in 1431. As a Heroic Spirit that is an exact opposite of the proper Jeanne, she is manifesting in the Avenger Class.
Since the proper Jeanne is not a hero, but a saint, the possibility of "summoning a different aspect of her" is nil. Because this black Jeanne has Gilles de Rais' anger... the prejudices and wishes for her to be like that... mixed in with her fundamental parts, a "side" that should never happen ended up being brought to the surface. As such, one can think that this Jeanne d'Arc is mostly made up by Gilles de Rais' prejudices; an existence encapsulating much of the corrupted Gilles' biases and feelings. The Dragon Witch that resurrected for the sake of getting vengeance against France. A holy woman who talks about justice as if she owned the place and, without having any doubts about that, is spurred on by the wrath against the people; that is the form which Gilles de Rais wished her to be like.
A dark Jeanne d'Arc dyed in a desire for vengeance. Her personality is extremely cruel and stern, and probably a few people will notice the vestiges of her sainthood. She has no kindness towards others, and will become an object of revenge at nothing but all human beings. She always harbors distrust towards her comrades in her surroundings. She believes in God. And yet, there is no faith in her belief. She likes to deny God in front of a believer, thinking that there is no better entertainment than that, while she dislikes the act of "having faith", for it is evil as far as she is concerned. She will wage war with her companions against God, and she will simply delight in this cause to kill. The being within her has a liking for destruction done to total completion, and that would even include the destruction of mankind—the purpose of her life is to keep on killing whatever comes her way until all of her strength is exhausted.
With several circumstances accumulating, despite being a fictional existence, it became possible for Jeanne Alter to answer the summons as a black holy woman. The particulars of her summoning may be extremely unclear, but she will not rebel at once during the moment of summoning. However, seeing that it is a human Master, she will constantly harbor distrust. Also, when she becomes highly tensed, she will start to fanatically laugh.
Jeanne Alter is fundamentally bitter towards the Master, but maybe due to how the holy woman Jeanne, who became her basis, was quite the softhearted one, one can perceive respect and affection for the Master at her core. She has no girlish hobbies, but it seems that there were some maiden-like wishes. "To think that, in the depths of her consciousness, she wants to perform a strained avenge business while being surrounded by handsome men of her own liking!" - such is the comment from a Servant of the same Avenger Class.
- Jeanne d'Arc
- It goes without saying that Jeanne's a saint. The source of her hate. But since Jeanne Alter perceives her own existence is becoming a pest to Jeanne d'Arc, she enjoys herself in Chaldea with a triumphant air... Jeanne d'Arc never becomes aware of such a thing and she thinks Jeanne Alter's presence is a little pleasant. Jeanne Alter is just fine either way if the two mutually ignores each other.
- Because Jeanne Alter hasn't already denied Jeanne d'Arc, she aims to surpass her. She will not fail to be diligent everyday in practicing her writing as well. And she is steadily able to do a little bit of writing already!
- Artoria Alter (Including Santa)
- Someone like a fated rival. She is herself when others are themselves. And then against Artoria Alter, who is able to think and find a clear solution while being evil, Jeanne Alter becomes passive and absurdly weak.
- Gilles de Rais (Caster)
- One person who Jeanne Alter relies on for mental support, especially when there are only allies of justice in her surroundings. Though nowadays, she is going through just a little rebellious phase.
- The Servants in the Occasion of the Counterfeits' Riot
- "That is a dark past! A dark past! Just make sure to absolutely not remember that, alright!?"
- Jeanne d'Arc Alter Santa Lily
- (A gesture of her removing her glasses while shivering and trembling.)
- Ritsuka Fujimaru
- Jeanne Alter feels that her relationship with her Master is extremely annoying, and thinks that the destruction of the world is not worth worrying about. Something like an aggressive cat that neither flirts nor becomes emotionally attached to others. For now, it is probably better to start by having them fight together and see where things go.
Orleans: The Wicked Dragon Hundred Years' WarEdit
Jeanne Alter is the primary antagonist of this Singularity. She is another Jeanne, born because of a wish made on the Holy Grail by Gilles de Rais (Caster) in the Wicked Dragon Hundred Years' War. Originally, Jeanne was not a being who lived as a dark saint, so there is no element that can be used to make her become Altered. Therefore, she is purely a "Jeanne d'Arc dreamed of by the people as an avenger", and essentially, there isn't a capacity to summon her as a Servant. However, something once created will not return back to nothing. Jeanne Alter has set a trap on Jeanne d'Arc for her plan. By producing an element for Alteration not in the Jeanne of the past, but in Jeanne as a Servant, she created a core for Jeanne Alter.
While Jeanne Alter was ultimately defeated, she has already set in stone the fruits of her plan to engrave the existence of a "Jeanne Alter" as a Servant.
Da Vinci and The Seven Counterfeit Heroic SpiritsEdit
Jeanne Alter would make a return in this event, summoning Seven Counterfeit Heroic Spirits to start a riot and fulfill her own wishes. Continuing with her plan that started since the Orleans Singularity, she furthermore improved her Saint Graph values via the Counterfeits' Riot, publicly becoming a Servant.
Because of the success of her plan, Jeanne Alter has been recognized as a Servant and is able to be summoned by Chaldea.
Regarding the summoning of the Counterfeit Heroic Spirits, some time during the period of the Counterfeits' Riot, it appears that she wanted to forget about all their existences with the exception of her own.
Salomon: The Grand Time TempleEdit
Shinjuku: The Malignant Quarantined Demonic RealmEdit
Jeanne Alter, having been produced by Gilles' wishes, possesses from birth the power of the Dragon Kind via the Dragon Witch Skill, a powerful Skill retrieved from the violent Hundred Years' War. She is believed to be an inverse phenomenon from saints possessing anecdotes of dispersing the Dragon Kind, such as Saint Martha or maybe Saint George. She possesses a unique Charisma that makes dragons obey her, and a power that raises the attack power of the party. Lower-class Dragon Kind members can be placed under her control and handled with a swing of her flag. At the same time, it also doubles as a non-standard Riding Skill and can even ride a Dragon Kind by acquiring this Skill.
Creation and ConceptionEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 Fate/Grand Order material III - Jeanne d'Arc (Alter), p.302-313
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 2.25 2.26
 Fate/Grand Order - Jeanne d'Arc〔Alter〕(Avenger) Profile [T]
Jeanne d'Arc (Alter) - Avenger
Illustrator and Voice actor
Illustrator: Takashi Takeuchi
Voice Actor: Maaya Sakamoto
Noble Phantasm: A++
Dragon Witch: EX
Ephemeral Dream: A
Oblivion Correction: A
Self-Replenishment (Mana): A+
La Grondement Du Haine: Roar, O Rage of Mine
Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
---If God exists, then I will certainly receive divine punishment.---
Level 1 Bond
Source: Historical fact
Alignment: Chaotic Evil Gender: Female
One of the few members of the unique Avenger Class.
Level 2 Bond
Although designated Alter, it does not mean that she is a different side of Jeanne D'arc. A Jeanne of vengeance that Gilles de Rais, the French Army's marshal who grieved for Jeanne D'arc's death, fabricated by means of the Holy Grail.
As a Heroic Spirit that is an exact opposite of the proper Jeanne, she is manifesting in the Avenger Class.
Level 3 Bond
Since the proper Jeanne is not a hero, but a holy woman, the possibility of "summoning a different side of her" is nil.
Because this black Jeanne has Gilles de Rais' anger... prejudices and wishes for her to be like that... mixed in her fundamental parts, a "side" that should never happen ended up being brought to the surface.
A dragon witch that takes revenge on France.
A holy woman who talks about justice as if she owned the place and, without having any doubts about that, is spurred on by the wrath against the people; that is the form which Gilles de Rais wished her to be like.
Level 4 Bond
- Dragon Witch: EX
Having been produced by Gilles' wishes, she possesses from birth the power of the dragon kind.
Believed to be an inverse phenomenon from saints possessing anecdotes of dispersing the dragon kind, such as Saint Martha or maybe Saint George.
Possesses a unique Charisma that makes dragons obey her, and a power that raises the attack power of the party.
Level 5 Bond
"Howl Loudly, My Resentment"
Rank: A+ Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
La Grondement du Haine.
The cursed flag possessed by Jeanne, who descended as the dragon witch.
By the name of a revenger, she instigates and converts her own and the surroundings' grudges into magical power, burning to ashes up to the marrow of the opponent's injustice, corruption and self-righteousness. Scary.
With several circumstances accumulating, despite being a fictional existence, it became possible for her to answer to summons as a black holy woman.
She is fundamentally bitter towards the Master, but maybe due how the holy woman Jeanne who became her basis was quite the softhearted, one can perceive respect and affection for the Master at her core.
She has no girlish hobbies, but seems that there were some maiden-like wishes.
"To think that, in the depths of her consciousness, she wants to perform a strained avenge trade while being surrounded by handsome men of her own liking!" - such is the comment from a Servant of the same Avenger Class.
ジャンヌ・ダルク〔オルタ〕 - アヴェンジャー
- Dragon Witch: EX
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Fate/Grand Order - Profile of Jeanne d'Arc (Ruler Alter), translated by Master of Chaos at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Fate/Grand Order - Jeanne Alter's My Room Lines
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 09: X / Disposal Chute Andromalius