Fate/Prototype is a digest version of Kinoko Nasu's original version of Fate/stay night that he developed as a novel in high school before completely redesigning it as a visual novel. It is a twelve minute anime segment released with Carnival Phantasm Season 3, and included the Prototype Material databook. There are no current plans to develop any more pieces of media based on the concept.
The storyline of Fate/Prototype takes place eight years after the tragic Heaven's Feel. Here, the Holy Grail is still the so desired object. However, the darkness under this so called "Grail" is revealed while the characters proceed to fight against each other in order to win.
Ayaka Sajyou is the last member of her family, and tries to live normally without any relation to the past or with the actual war. However, her destiny was sealed since she was the younger sister of the prominent Manaka Sajyou, who was murdered during the war. She could still remember the last thing her father said before his death "You have no choice but to enter into the Heaven's Feel".
On the eighth anniversary of the death of her family, Ayaka is pursued by a mysterious man with vicious creatures, but just in time, a holy radiance brings a warrior that saves her. Now, Ayaka has no choice but to enter into the battle.
The system of the War and everything else is much like that from Fate/stay-night in some points, but unlike the produced project, the Prototype version has Masters that possess "Master Degrees", which are named following the angelic hierarchy starting from the 7th Order and up (so Princes, Powers, Virtues, Dominions, Thrones, Cherubim, Seraphim).
- Ayaka Sajyou, is the previous version of Shirou Emiya. She appears to be a very insecure person, traumatized after the previous Holy Grail War after her father and sister died because of it, and not willing to join the current one. On the anniversary of her father and sister's death she is pursued by Lancer much like Shirou. She is also saved at the last moment by her Servant, Saber. Her position as Master is under The Seventh, Princes.
- Saber, The First, is the previous male version of the female Saber. He responded to and accepted the summons of Ayaka in time to save her life from Lancer who had been pursuing her. He shows the sense of values of a matured man, as well as a strong sense of justice.
- The Sixth, Powers - ???
- Servant - ???
- The Fifth, Virtues, is the Master of Archer. He's the owner and president of a skyscraper that overlooks the city. Little is known about him other than that he is a careful person to the end.
- Archer, The Third, is the previous version of Fate/stay night's Archer. He is the most self-centered person in the world and wishes to be the highest ranking Servant. Having two above him enraged him to the point where he wanted to kill his own Master.
- The Fourth, Dominions - ???
- Servant - ???
- The Third, Thrones, is the Master of Rider. He is a 10-year-old boy, a victim of a "chimerization" experiment by the unknown antagonist of the last War. At the beginning of this War, he was entirely sustained by medical machinery.
- Rider, The Fifth, is a Servant that was to be used in the original Fate/stay night novel, but was redesigned and briefly shown in Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. He hated his Master for being weak, but sympathizes with the magus' plight, and later becomes good friends with him. Rider fights alone for the one wish to resurrect his Master.
- Misaya Reiroukan, is the previous version of Rin Tohsaka. She is a noblewoman and a sadist; proud, elegant, cruel and calculative. Misaya is the Master of and the one who ordered Lancer to track down Ayaka in order to eliminate her. Misaya's position as Master is under The Second, Cherubim.
- Lancer, The Fourth, is the previous version of Fate/stay night's Lancer. He acts like a normal Servant under the commands of his Master. Despite her personality, he likes her, as she reminds him of his teacher.
- Sancraid Phahn, is the Prototype version of Kirei Kotomine. He appears as a complete maniac, switching between a kind persona and an evil psychotic one that is completely obsessed with the Grail. He's the Master of Berserker. Sancraid's position as Master is under VOID, Absence.
- Berserker, The Second - The Prototype Version of Hercules
- Manaka Sajyou, is the previous version of Illyasviel von Einzbern. She is the older sister of Ayaka and the previous Master of Saber. Manaka is also the one responsible for the tragedy that occurred in the last War. She now acts as the Master of Beast. Her position as Master is under The First, Seraphim.
- Beast - The Beast is the Servant of Manaka, and is the 666th Beast of the The Apocalypse of John of Patmos and the manifestation of the sins and desires of men. The complete materialization of the Beast is the entire purpose of the Heaven's Feel system. It is similar in concept to that of Avenger. It is born out of the Grail being filled with the Evil, Greedy Intentions of Humanity, rather than Good Intentions.
- Sajyou's Father - Voiced by Hiroki Tōchi
- Misaya's Father - Only introduced in Fate/Prototype Material.
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-29/carnival-phantasm-3rd-season-includes-fate/prototype
|Fate/stay night (anime • manga) • Fate/hollow ataraxia • Fate/Zero|
|Fate/Apocrypha • Fate/Extra • Fate/Extra CCC • Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA • Fate/school life • Fate/Prototype • Fate/stay night Comic Battle • Fate/strange fake • Fate/tiger colosseum • Fate/unlimited codes • Fate/Zero Next Encounter • Take Moon • Unlimited Blade Works film|
|Age of Gods • Ahnenerbe • Divine Spirit • Dragon • Fuyuki City • Holy Grail War • Magecraft • Magical Girl • Master • Noble Phantasm • Servant|