Gods are beings formed by the thoughts of humans and born into the world without being influenced by the will of the people. They grow stronger the more people worship them and those that are no longer worshiped become Elementals. There also exist cases like gods becoming infamous as icons of terror, distorting their appearances through the human thoughts and ideals that formed them.
Gods are split into two categories, those things that were already there that became gods after becoming objects of worship and those that were reborn as gods. Those that were already there include heavenly bodies like the sun and moon, natural phenomenon like storms, earthquakes, thunder, and wind, or others like the "power of the planet that stabilized the surface of the earth." Those that were reborn as gods were close to human originally, but deviated from humanity through various factors to become objects of worship. Beings like heroes and messiahs that are "systems necessary to thrive" fall under that category.
The gods of ancient Mesopotamia, the gods of antiquity, were part of the first category, natural phenomena possessing intentions and personalities. Ea was one such god that performed the act of building the planet, and many others began to build nations after the primordial earth was stabilized. They reigned as the laws of heaven, controlling humans through methods like the birth of Gilgamesh, though that worked against them to end their age. The second category, the gods of modernity, came to the forefront after their passing.
The gods of Mesopotamia found themselves lacking viability towards the end of their age and the start of the human age. Living things normally have the instinct to adapt their surroundings to something better suited for the habitat, but gods merely "existed" no matter their power. The viability of humanity was exceptional at the time, as though it was slight counting singular humans, their force in sheer numbers was high. They did not have any transcendent beings commanding the vast majority, but they had a higher level of intelligence than all other living beings that was distributed across all of them. This differed from the gods, no matter how powerful, whose acquired personalities were not much different from humans in their inventiveness and cognizance.
Though the gods were omniscient, each could only come to one conclusion and acquire one personality, differing from the threat of the vast number of humans with their large amount of cognizance, their capacity for change. Their desires were boundless, relentless, and unrestrained, causing the world to evolve in accordance. The gods feared that the rules of the planet would change as they continued to breed, bringing about a time where it was no longer necessary for natural phenomena to have wills. They brought about Gilgamesh for that reason, believing that a sovereign belonging to the human side and championing their cause would allow them to keep humanity in check.
He was to be a keystone hammered into the earth by the heavens to delay the complete fracturing between themselves and humanity, but he rejected their ways and brought an end to their age.
Gods have Authority (権能, ?) over the world, allowing for world construction, event shifting, time-flow manipulation, kingdom-building, and other such powers of that level. While normal skills "accomplish a certain task by following a corresponding principle”, Authority works “simply by making things happen because one has that right.” Though such powers existed six thousand years before the modern era, the advent of the AD calender relieved the gods of their duty of the advance of human civilization and retired them to the past. High level gods like Amaterasu are powerful enough that even the time axis has almost no bearing on them.
Gods are able to mate with humans, bringing about demi-gods of various strength like Heracles and Cú Chulainn. While full gods cannot become Heroic Spirits, demi-gods and those who lose their divinity like Medusa and Chiron are applicable. It is also possible for demi-gods to ascend to full godhood like Heracles. Heroic Spirits like Alexander the Great can obtain some Divinity through the addition of their legends to their power, even if they may not actually be true. While Divine Spirit Servants have the ability to use the Authority of the past, utilizing it requires a penalty of self-ruin.
Gods that are prominent within the Nasuverse.
- Amaterasu is the deification of the sun who created Tamamo-no-Mae as a unique facet of herself.
- Balor, the ancient Celtic god of darkness and great-grandfather of Cú Chulainn. He is the predecessor of Shiki Tohno’s Eyes of Death Perception. He could actualize the death of the target by just glaring at him.
- Bodhisattva are Deva (天, kami?, a class of Buddhist divinity, as distinct from the word 神, which is pronounced in the same manner, but indicates a god in the general sense) of cosmic proportions, easily capable of governing the solar system. Saver is one such being, and he is around the level of beings like Kiara Sessyoin and True Demons, capable of affecting the entirety of a planet. Boddhisattva are people who devote themselves to bring salvation to sattva and also those who have attained moksha. The vastness of the world view of Buddhism is much greater than other religions, encompassing the universe as the kingdom of the Buddha. It uses numerical concepts like Nayuta(10^60) and Muryoutaisuu (10^68) to display their magnitude, and the size of the universe is the great trichiliocosm, composed of one thousand medium trichiliocosm, which are composed of one thousand galaxies, small trichiliocosm each made up of three thousand worlds. It is on the scale of galaxies, galaxy clusters, and superclusters known in the modern era, interpreted over two thousand years ago.
- Bull of Heaven, Gugalanna, was the greatest of divine beasts released by the god Anu after Ishtar clung to her father in tears to obtain revenge on Gilgamesh for his insults and refusing to become her husband. It was a disaster of extreme magnitude that was clad in storms. It brought about a flood and dark clouds that covered the world, causing a seven-year famine and destruction to occur on earth. It was a beast none could stand against, bringing the downfall of Uruk. Gilgamesh and Enkidu stood against it and repelled it splendidly, binding it with his chains and destroying it with his weapon. The clouds faded and the land was saved from the flood, but Ishtar plead for their deaths due to one with a human body killing a beast of the gods being a sin. Enkidu was subsequently killed afterward because he could not resist the gods.
- Chiron is a former god who gave up his divinity to spare himself the agony of pain from being poisoned. He qualifies as a Heroic Spirit due to this, and he wishes to restore his divinity.
- Earth Mother - The power of creation of the mother goddesses originated with Catalhoyuk's forgotten goddess 8000 years ago who was the mother of the earth goddesses who created the earth and the “root” that created all creation. It branched to many others goddesses over time, including Tiamat, Cybele, Ishtar, Inanna, Anat, Astarte, Gaia, Hera, Artemis, Aphrodite, Demeter, and Athena. The earth mother is a protector guardian deity revered by the people, and she is the sacrifice that feeds them with the crops born from her body and the beasts of the fields and the forests. Her true nature is the cycle of life and death, the circle of the food chain where she feeds man with her blood and flesh, kills man over time and absorbs him as nutrition, and once again feeds man with her replenished blood and flesh. She represents the system of life itself, so those born of the earth cannot deny her authority. Only when they have fulfilled the wish of the Çatalhöyük, leaving the planet for space and ending the infantile stage of intelligent lifeforms, will they no longer be bound to it.
This authority over the power of bringing death and giving life, symbolized by holes opening in the earth and the sky, caves and the moon, the whirlpools and typhoons of the sea, the craters of volcanoes, and such, first births evils that bring forth all manners of death. Once the evils are are finished spreading death, they leave the promise of good harvest and fertility. The goddesses that followed inherited this authority, and many were imaged with mural crowns because many were also the guardian deities of cities. Most used the authority to give birth to countless monsters and giants and posed a threat to the gods and man, or give birth to heroes and became protectors of man. Tiamat and Gaia are examples of those who became threats, and Hera is an example of a mother of heroes.
- Medusa, Stheno, and Euryale were born from the wishes of mankind for ideal goddesses.
- Zeus is the father of Heracles, and although there is no proof, Alexander the Great was also called his son in some stories and gained Divinity as a Heroic Spirit. The Divine Bulls that pull Gordius Wheel, which were an offering to him stolen by Alexander, are called the "Children of Zeus" and generate lightning that is said to be a manifestation of Zeus.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Fate/Extra CCC Gilgamesh Secret Garden - Lynchpin of Heaven
- ↑ Gilgamesh Secret Garden conversations: 1, 2, 3, and 4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
Fate/EXTRA material - Encyclopedia: Authority [Miracle], p.179 English | Japanese
Special abilities categorically different from Codecasts, skills, and Noble Phantasms.
Powers on the level of event shifting, time-flow manipulation, kingdom-building, basically, world construction, are called by this name.
They had been around in the age called the age of gods, more than 6000 years ago, but ever since the beginning of the AD calendar, they were relieved of their duty with the advance of human civilization and retired to the past.
A normal skill “is able to accomplish a certain task by following a corresponding principle”, but an authority works “simply by making things happen because one has that right”.
Divine spirit Servants should have this, but using this power in the modern age requires a bit of a penalty (self-ruin).
In CCC, the being that swallowed the Moon Cell had reached this realm.
Fate/Extra CCC encyclopedia - Golden White Face
Golden Fur, White Face. The nine-tailed divine spirit we get a glimpse of in Casko's third SG. Deification of the sun. Amaterasu gone delinquent.
When Casko goes to nine-tails mode this is what she will......not be.
All this is is the distantly ancient but still existing original source of Casko.
When you're a divine spirit of this class, the time axis has almost no bearing on you.
Normally someone entering the mausoleum would be burnt to a cinder, but our Xavier, meeting our expectations like always, not only is not incinerated, but demonstrates his usual reckless bravery (stupid menu choices).
She would have been in a naked nine-tails spin on the naked apron, but the ethical barrier couldn't be breached so we made sure she wore formalwear.
Oh and if a person who doesn't dream go in, all he'll see in the mausoleum is a huge sun.
- ↑ Fate/EXTRA material - Angra Mainyu/CCC entry
- ↑ Fate/Extra CCC BB profile - Cursed Cutting Crater
- ↑ Fate/Extra CCC BB profile - Potnia Theron
|Bounded Field • Conceptual Weapon • Gradation Air • Magic • (Second Magic • Third Magic) • Magical Spells • Marble Phantasm • Mystic Code (Azoth Sword) • Mystic Eyes • Mystic Eyes of Death Perception • Psychic • Reality Marble|
|Demons • Divine Spirit • Dragon • Familiar • Homunculus • Humans • Phantasmal Species • Spirits • Vampire|
|Holy Grail War|
|Command Spells • Great Grail • Heroic Spirit • Holy Grail • Master • Noble Phantasm • Servant • Servant classes • Servant Parameters|
|Barthomeloi Lorelei • Magician • Magus • Sealing Designation|
|Akasha • Chants and Incantations • Elements • World • Magic Circuit • Prana • Soul • Magic Crest|
|Fate/stay night (anime • manga) • Fate/hollow ataraxia • Fate/Zero|
|Fate/Apocrypha • Fate/Extra • Fate/Extra CCC • Fate/Extra Gone Wild! Casko!? • Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA • Fate/school life • Fate/Prototype • Fate/stay night Comic Battle • Fate/strange fake • Fate/tiger colosseum • Fate/unlimited codes • Fate/Zero Next Encounter • Take Moon • Unlimited Blade Works film|
|Age of Gods • Ahnenerbe • Bajiquan • Divine Spirit • Dragon • Fuyuki City • Holy Grail War • Magecraft • Magical Girl • Master • Noble Phantasm • Servant|