Fate/Extra CCC (フェイト／エクストラ CCC, stylized as Fate/EXTRA CCC?) is a sequel and companion game to Fate/Extra. Originally announced for release in Japan during Spring 2012, the game was later pushed to Winter 2012 and then given a firm release date for February 21, 2013. The release date was ultimately pushed back to March 28, 2013.
As with its predecessor, the game was be developed by Imageepoch in collaboration with TYPE-MOON. The scenario was written by Kinoko Nasu, with Takashi Takeuchi as the character designer and Arco Wada as the illustrator.
The protagonist, Hakuno has to look for a way to escape from the world, together with his/her Servant.
The story is told in different chapters:
- Chapter 1 - Backyard of Eden
- Chapter 2 - Girl's Side Laboratory
- Chapter 3 - Alter Ego / M
- Chapter 4 - Sick, Home Sink
- BAD END.
- Chapter 5 - Iron Maiden Princess
- Chapter 6 - Alter Ego / S
- Chapter 7 - I Love You
The game is set on the Far Side of the Moon Cell, where BB used her abilities to create the Sakura Labyrinth. She brought over various Masters and Servants from the Moon Cell Holy Grail War on the Near Side, some taken instantly before their deletion and others brought during the sixth week. The story is more similar to a Sakura route like the Rin and Rani routes of Extra. It has been described as a kind of "Heaven's Feel" route for the setting and similar to Fate/hollow ataraxia in nature.
Many of the supporting characters from Fate/Extra return.
- Hakuno Kishinami (Default Name)
- The Protagonist, who can be male or female, from the first game return as the main character. Hakuno is one of the few masters to retain their servant.
- Sakura Matou
- Voiced by Noriko Shitaya
- Originally a trivial NPC character in Fate/Extra, will have a tremendously larger role in the new game.
- Rin Tohsaka
- Voiced by Ueda Kana
- Initially the first master of Lancer later she is abandoned by Lancer and joins the council she is a skilled magician.
- Rani VIII
- Voiced by Sanada Asami
- Shinji Matou
- Voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi
- An skilled hacker and initially a friend of Hakuno he is one of the many masters to lose their servants.
- Leonardo B. Harwey
- Master of Saber and the president of the student council.
- Julius B. Harway
- Voiced by Hatano Wataru
- The older brother of Leo like many masters he lost his servant it is later revealed that Julius is an double agent.
- Monji Gatou
- Voiced by Kentarō Itō
- Jinako Carigiri
- Voiced by Aoi Yūki
- Master of Launcher.
- Kiara Sessyoin
- Voice by Rie Tanaka
- Master of Caster.
- Saber (Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus)
- One of four Servants available to the protagonist. Saber wears her alternate costume "Saber Bride".
- Archer (Nameless Hero)
- One of four Servants available to the protagonist.
- Caster (Tamamo-no-Mae)
- One of four Servants available to the protagonist.
- Saber (Gawain)
- The servant of Leonardo B. Harwey.
- Caster (Hans Christian Andersen)
- The servant of Kiara Sessyoin and narrator of the opening chapters.
- Lancer (Cú Chulainn)
- Lancer appears as an optional boss and the servant to Kirei Kotomine.
- Archer (EMIYA)
- The version of Archer from Fate/stay night appears as an optional boss.
- Issei Ryuudou
- He only appears in the prologue.
- Kirei Kotomine
- Kirei is the commissary keeper; he later appears as an optional boss and the master of Lancer.
- Taiga Fujimura
- Like Fate/Extra, she sends the player on multiple quests into the Arena in exchange for aesthetic items for their private rooms.
- Twice H. Pieceman
- Optional Boss
- Rin Tohsaka
- Rin from Fate/stay night appears as an optional boss alongside her Servant.
Fate/Extra CCC has the same game mechanics as Fate/Extra with additional changes. The combat UI (user interface) has changed appearance and location. Players can now escape battles and dungeon floor level. Each servants has more combat animation and their Noble Phantasm animation changed. One of the noticeable changes is there are more voices recording in cutscenes.
Both genders of the Protagonist and the Servants will each have an alternate costume. There will be additional costumes for the Servants, and a save game from Fate/Extra will give the player character an alternate school gym outfit.
All of the Characters have a Secret Garden and Punish Start session (if you collect enough information on the SG). It shows the fetishes, likes, dislikes, etc. The Secret Gardens may be Male pictures (if you choose the female protagonist, except for your Servants and bosses) or Female Pictures (if you choose the male protagonist, except for your Servants and bosses).
Fate/Extra CCC is a companion game of Fate/Extra, serving as the "Heaven's Feel" route, that was announced in September 2011 for release in the winter of 2012. The official release date was pushed back a second time with it's release date set at 21 February 21st, 2013. The second trailer states that the game's release date once again delayed to 28 March 2013. Unlike the prequel, Type-Moon promised the gamers that Fate/Extra CCC will have more voice acting.
It is confirmed to have the TYPE-MOON Virgin White Box as the Limited Edition of the game, which contains a Saber Bride figma, an artbook titled Fate/EXTRA CCC Visual Works, a sticker set of the chibi-sized four playable Servants, and a Saber Character CD with Sakura Tange, her voice actor, performed her three character songs. For those who pre-order the game will be rewarded Virgin Bride. Virgin Bride is a similar item with Fate/the Fact, only this time the contents are hinted to be a serial of movies, hinted as each characters' episodes.
It was planned around the time Fate/Extra went on sale, but put on hold until they knew if people wanted a sequel. Aside from the staff requesting Jinako Carigiri, Kinoko Nasu had far more free range with the story than with Extra, so he was able to write as he pleased. He feels the tone of the story is more seinen compared to Fate/stay night's shonen feel. The reason for the delay is that the prototype version felt much like a rehash of the first game, so they decided to redo the environments from scratch after getting a two month extension from the company. Nasu decided to expand the scenario, but it required another extension after he realized he couldn't make it in the two months. He believes that it will likely be his finale for writing the Fate series, not including other guest writers.
- Kinoko Nasu as scenario writer.
- Arco Wada as character designer and artist.
- Huke as weapon designer.
- Takashi Takeuchi as character design supervisor.
- SHAFT as the animation opening sequence producer.
The original soundtrack of the game was first released at Anime Contents Expo 2013 on March 30, 2013, and it was publicly released April 5, 2013. The limited edition of the soundtrack contains three discs and a Blu-ray disc, and includes the special BOX style and Special booklet, "CCC EXTRA Garden."
Characters Shot MovieEdit
- ↑ Gilgamesh Is A Servant In Fate/Extra CCC
- ↑ Fate/Extra CCC Has New Animated Movie From Madoka Magica Studio
- ↑ TYPE-MOON Ace 8 Fate/Extra CCC Nasu and Takeuchi interviews - Pages 11-12, 39-43
- Official site
- Famitsu page
- Medical Play and Saber with subtitles
- Can You Chat with the King of Heroes? translation and video archive
- Can You Chat with the King of Heroes? alternate translation
|Fate/stay night (anime • manga) • Fate/hollow ataraxia • Fate/Zero|
|Fate/Apocrypha • Fate/Extra • Fate/Extra CCC • Fate/Extra CCC Fox Tail • Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA • Fate/school life • Fate/Prototype • Fate/stay night Comic Battle • Fate/strange fake • Fate/tiger colosseum • Fate/unlimited codes • Fate/Zero Next Encounter • Take Moon • Unlimited Blade Works film|
|Age of Gods • Ahnenerbe • Bajiquan • Divine Spirit • Dragon • Fuyuki City • Heroic Spirit • Holy Grail War • Magecraft • Magical Girl • Master • Noble Phantasm • Servant|