Fuyuki City is the setting for Fate/stay night. It is separated into two sections - Shinto and Miyama, which are the new and old sections respectively. Miyama is further split into two parts - the traditional Japanese houses district and the foreigners' houses district. The road to Homurahara Gakuen, where the protagonist studies, is set between the two districts.
There is a shopping district somewhere in Miyama, apparently pretty close to Shirou's place as he walks to and from there to do his everyday shopping.
- Miongawa - The river that divides Fuyuki in half.
- Ryuujin Matsuri - A festival celebrating the legend of a traveling monk and the dragon god of Miongawa that rampaged in Fuyuki a long, long, time ago. Used to take place in the fall and the summer, but now is only held in the summer. Using his power (houriki, spiritual power) the monk used incantation and prayer on the dragon god for three days and three nights. At the end of that, he converted the dragon god (more like tricked the simple bloke). The monk joined Ryuudouji later and the dragon god taught juudou to the monks over there to pass the time. None of this probably happened since there have only been a few monks in Ryuudouji historically with that sort of power. The festival isn't exactly that well-known anymore.
- Miyamachou - Suburban area of Fuyuki.
- Intersection - Connects to the shopping street, the school, the northern and southern parts of town, and to the bridge.
- Shopping street
- Koushuuensaikan Taizan (紅洲宴歳館・泰山) - The only Chinese restaurant in Miyamachou. Run by the mysterious Batsu-san, who like the typical Chinese stereotype in manga, adds -aru at the end of her sentences. Renowned for its spicy food. Really, really, spicy food. Enough to melt somebody's tongue sort of spiciness. Also where Kotomine eats his Ma-poo Tou-fu.
- Edomaeya - A food stand in Miyamachou. Sells taiyaki for 80 yen each. On the other hand, the stores in Verde have a better selection. Popular among the students.
- Antique store - Where Rider works.
- Flower shop - One of the many places where Lancer works.
- Homurahara Gakuen - Private High School.
- Emiya residence - Located on the northern end (where the Japanese style houses are) of Miyamachou.
- Tohsaka residence - Located on the southern end (where the western style houses are) of Miyamachou. Known throughout the neighborhood for being a haunted house. No, it isn't haunted.
- Matou residence - Located on the southern end (where the western style houses are) of Miyamachou.
- Riverside park - Located by the bridge.
- Fuyuki Bridge
- Shinto - The urban side of Fuyuki.
- Harbor - Lancer's (lost) heaven. Kiritsugu used to leave and come back to Fuyuki using the harbor.
- Fuyuki Station - One hour walk from the Tohsaka residence. Constructed several years ago.
- Semina Apartment - Located in Kurokizaka 4. L-shaped building with only 2 flats on each floor.
- Center Building - The highest building in Fuyuki. Four kilometers away from the bridge.
- Kotomine Church/Fuyuki Church - One hour walk from Miyamachou (Emiya residence). Constructed before WWII. On top of a hill.
- Graveyard - A graveyard for the foreigners that moved into Fuyuki long ago.
- Copenhagen - Where Shirou works. Run by Neko's father. Liquor shop x pub sort of place.
- Fuyuki Central Library - Located in the middle of the Fuyuki citizen's park during the 4th war. Shutters ended up getting wrecked by an Iskandar that decided to take the books out.
- Fuyuki Central Park - A park. Or is supposed to be. Devoid of people. Atmosphere is similar to a Reality Marble. Where the 4th Heaven's Feel ended.
- Fancy Shop - The name of the biggest stuffed animal store in Shinto.
- Verde - Biggest shopping center in town.
- Mount Enzou
- Ryuudouji - 40 minute dash from Emiya residence. Acts as the keystone of the Fuyuki leylines. Can be said to be the heart of the Fuyuki spiritual grounds. Built on top of a fallen leyline.
- Ten no Sakazuki - The massive cavern where the Greater Holy Grail was created. Three kilometers in diameter. Also, the symbol of the contract of Angra Mainyu. The location of the Black Holy Grail. Has properties similar to a bounded barrier.
- Outer forest - One hour drive by taxi from Shinto.
- Einzbern Castle - Four hours from the entrance of the forest by foot.
The castle-villa found at the forest in the outskirts of Fuyuki City, it was brought from the Einzbern homeland to serve as a base for the Masters of the family during the Heaven’s Feel rituals. At the same time, it is the workshop of Illyasviel von Einzbern. It was build to look like a “コ” when viewed from above. In Fate/zero, Kiritsugu Emiya and Irisviel von Einzbern, along with the other members of the Einzbern faction (Saber and Maiya Hisau) utilize the castle as their headquarters for at least part of the fourth Heaven's Feel.
The castle’s defenses are perfect: a spiritual defensive wall activates itself by Illyasviel's order whenever intruders approach. Perfect anti-spiritual processes are also performed so that the spirits inside the Einzbern forest do not enter.
The existence of the castle is not publicly known, but it seems that people who get lost at the forest have found their way into it by chance in the past.
The interior decoration is outrageously luxurious. Although it hasn’t been used for over 10 years, there is wine cellar that can be accessed from a passage at left area from the lobby. The courtyard, which is managed by Sella, is the coldest area inside the castle and, as per Illya’s desires, it has a flowerbed installed. As this is just a stronghold for the Holy Grail War, it is quite frugal for the Einzbern’s standards.
It had to go through large-scale repairs because of the Winchester incident, in which Tohsaka Rin turned the third floor upside down, and even after the repairs which finished in October that floor was still considered dangerous.
The virgin forest, or rather mountain range, found at the outskirts of Fuyuki city. About 30 kilometers to the west of Fuyuki’s urban area. It is possible to reach the entrance of the forest after a one hour run of car in the highway that comes out from Miyamacho and then a one kilometer walk through the grove.
Not only the name in the registration is of unknown substance, but it also became a privately-owned land of an uncertain foreign enterprise. Because the landowners (the Einzbern) refuse to develop the area, it turned into a literal sea of trees. Since the trees extend themselves to cover the sunlight coming from above, it is impossible to see more than 10 meters ahead inside the forest. Amidst all of it, there is a clearing of about 40 meters diameter with a square and some ruins.
Due of a lack of courage to set a stronghold in the middle of the Tohsaka territory, Jubstacheit von Einzbern purchased the closest land to Fuyuki with a leyline at the eve of the Third Holy Grail War. The Einzbern circled the forest with a bounded field to isolate it from the outside world and had one of the castles from the Einzbern homeland dismantled and then rebuild in the middle of it. The Tohsaka house earnestly engaged in negotiations for the concealment of the construction.
The large bounded field stretched throughout the area is to detect intruders and so long their presence and magical energy are not suppressed they can be easily discovered. The level reaction that the bounded field gives to the intruder can be adjusted accordingly with the thoughts of Illyasviel. Furthermore, once in the inner sections it is possible to adjust the area-of-effect in order to support allied parties in combat.
The subject of many ghost stories, like those about the illusionary castle attended by maid sisters that only a brave man who had overcame countless ordeals can spend the night at, or that when entering the forest while aiming to the castle, the wraiths of soldiers of the old imperial army appear to send off the intruders to the battlefield.
|Fate/stay night (anime • manga) • Fate/hollow ataraxia • Fate/Zero|
|Fate/Apocrypha • Fate/Extra • Fate/Extra CCC • Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA • Fate/school life • Fate/Prototype • Fate/stay night Comic Battle • Fate/strange fake • Fate/tiger colosseum • Fate/unlimited codes • Fate/Zero Next Encounter • Take Moon • Unlimited Blade Works film|
|Age of Gods • Ahnenerbe • Divine Spirit • Dragon • Fuyuki City • Holy Grail War • Magecraft • Magical Girl • Master • Noble Phantasm • Servant|