Lancer's True Name is Artoria Pendragon (Alter), also known as Artoria Alter (アルトリア・オルタ, Arutoria Oruta?), and better known as Arthur Pendragon/King Arthur. The King of Knights of the Round Table that is described in legends. In reality, a lovely girl-knight, and yet, possesses both the purity and integrity just like in the legends. She is known as a holy sword user, but the Holy Lance she possesses is actually quite powerful as well, making it possible for her to manifest as a Lancer. She who holds the Holy Lance is the "King of Storms" (嵐王, Ran'Ō?), viewed as a person and leader of the Wild Hunt.
... And it is also possible for her to materialize in this way as the possibility of having been violated by the curse of the Holy Grail. The spear-wielding aspect of the King of Knights that devoted herself to cruelty. Even the Holy Lance utilized at the time of the "Battle of the Hill of Camlann", known as King Arthur's last battle, possesses an omnious presence, changing into a black color.
The transformation began at that instant. First was the flesh. And then the spirit. Just before her complete transformation into the "Goddess of the Holy Lance", Artoria chose. She chose to be the "King of Storms"; she chose to be the black tyrant.
Artoria, with every possible means, strongly defined herself. Because she used even the curse of the Holy Grail and appears to have gained a connection to it somewhere, she is far from being herself as the King of Knights with the holy sword. She became a presence with an unruly nature, yet————Still, she continues to exist as a human. Rather than the Goddess of the Holy Lance, she is Artoria Pendragon.
There are various opinions about the body weight or figure of Artoria Alter when she is a Lancer. According to differing opinions, when manifesting as a Lancer, the King of Knights is said to take on a figure that differs "in portion" to what she was while alive. Whatever that is, whether because the eternally youthful body has grown "in portion" due to possessing the Holy Lance instead of the holy sword and scabbard, or because the magical power of the lance made "a portion" of the body grow————
Even if she exchanges the holy sword for the Holy Lance, the mentality of the King of Knights and the way she ought to be does not change in a big way. She still is the same King of Knights who became a king by acquiring the sword of selection, who opposed assailing foreign enemies, monsters and occasionally even dragons, and who continued to fight to protect her homeland.
However, Artoria Alter's values have somewhat changed from exchanging for the Holy Lance as her main armament. She is no doubt self-aware of herself being paranormal, of being feared by the people. King Arthur of the holy sword was a king for the nation, but King Arthur of the Holy Lance was a king that controls the nation. Her solicitude with regards to the weak changed from "solicitude pointing at her compatriots" to "solicitude pointing at the people that should be under her patronage." Her intentions, speeches and conducts has become more forceful and yet, more firmer than the times where she had the holy sword, but as far as the people is concerned, her very manner of speaking has become the views of a tyrant. It is not King Arthur as an idealist, but King Arthur tinted as a realist, and thus, she is comparatively darker. Regarding the powerful Holy Lance handled in her hand, she recognizes it has a "curse" that is bound to be a sacred thing for her.
Although she is materialized with an emphasized aspect as a hero that rages in battle and is the possessor of a Noble Phantasm endowed with power on a renowned level, depending on the compatibility with the Master, Artoria Alter will probably get to serve as a "single knight" with relative devotion. She, who is summoned as a Servant, is in a state of restraining herself, and with the exception of the moments of battle, her disposition to become rough is comparatively smaller. However, that might become a different story when it consists of her choice of meals...
The side of her being Britain's protector within the legends/anecdotes/events of her lifetime did not materialize during her transformation into a black color scheme, strongly tending to appear and come into existence as one fighting as a warrior, and coming about as a battle machine dashing through the battlefield, a coldhearted slaughterer who swiftly steals the lives of her opponents. Lancer Artoria Alternative, so to speak. The sign of being clad in ruthlessness all over her body resembles Saber Alternative. Even some aspects of her personality resembles Saber Alter's. For example, believing it's the duty of a hero to be hated and shunned, placing blame on herself for every life lost because of her, wishing for a supply of junk food to replenish her dwindling mana, and destroying everything that stands in her way while stating that kings and servants have nothing to do with her.
- Artoria (Saber)
- As for Artoria, she was originally a different person who walked on a different possibility, but there was a time when Artoria Alter looked at her not as a "different self", but as her "self from around when she was youthful." It may not be evident that her mental state is similar to an older sister looking on tragically at or watching attentively her younger sister.
- Arthur (Proto)
- Artoria Alter recognizes him as the proper "holy sword user", but on the other hand, it stimulates her pride as a former holy sword user with a little intense sensation. Because he makes use of Excalibur with the thirteen restraints, she provokes Arthur by saying "Hah, you novice. If you are a true king, you should be releasing them constantly." Of course, both understands that it is not a good thing to liberate the restraints continuously.
- Francis Drake
- Lancer Alter draws a line as a way to not have to do with the other Servants, but she is a little close to Drake, who is one of the "King of Storms". To a third party, they are said to be seen as... girlfriends willfully talking together.
- Ritsuka Fujimaru
- Artoria Alter will probably become of assistance to her Master in regards to the restoration of human history.
London: The Death World in the City of Demonic FogEdit
Artoria Alter is summoned from the "Demonic Fog" after the defeat of Nikola Tesla. As she materializes, she also absorbs the "Demonic Fog" into herself. She fights the Protagonist's party and is defeated.
Boundary of Emptiness: The Garden of OrderEdit
Salomon: The Grand Time TempleEdit
Being summoned as a Lancer, Artoria Alter's general weapon is her Holy Lance, Rhongomyniad, which is a Noble Phantasm. Accompanied with the change of color of her equipment, the Holy Lance is also turning black. At times of battle, she mounts a black horse (When she is a Lancer, at all times during battle, she is always mounting on a horse. When in the case of being in her Alternative form, her steed is her horse Llamrei.
Creation and ConceptionEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 Fate/Grand Order material III - Artoria Pendragon (Alter), p.042-051
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 2.19 2.20 2.21 2.22 2.23 2.24 Fate/Grand Order - Profile of Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter), translated by Master of Chaos at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Fate/Grand Order - Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)'s Bond Craft Essence: Black Helmet
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Artoria Pendragon (Lancer Alter)'s My Room Lines.
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 05: IV / Control Tower Barbatos
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Lancer Interlude 01: Her Wakeless Dream, Her Endless War