Angel Voice was published in May 1995.
The story in Notes. takes place on Earth in the distant future. After mankind eventually killed the planet on which they lived with pollution and warfare. All natural life died, with the exception of mankind, as they were able to make use of advanced technology to artificially sustain themselves. This led to the creation of artificially enhanced humans, who were able to live on the ruined planet, and the A-Rays; creatures created with genetic engineering by combining humans and various other extinct life forms.
A war breaks out between the enhanced humans and A-Rays, resulting in complete and utter devastation of what was left of Earth, as well as the near extinction of enhanced humans. The war is then interrupted by the abrupt arrival of the 8 Aristoteles, who only seek to indiscriminately destroy all remaining life on the dead planet.
Position in NasuverseEdit
- Most notably, the idea that Earth is a living and conscious being was used in all subsequent works.
- Black Barrel, a weapon carried by Gun God seems related to Barrel Replica used by Sion in Melty Blood.
- Crimson Moon was mentioned later in an interview as being one of the Types, Type-Moon. Subsequently, TYPE-MOON was the name of the doujin circle Nasu and Takeuchi formed, which later evolved into the company it is today.
It is unknown if the story in Notes. represents the future of the world in which Tsukihime and Fate franchises take place. If it does, it's time frame would have to be over 1000 years in the future, as Melty Blood mentions the year around 3000 as the year when Crimson Moon would reappear, and by the time of Notes., the planet is already dead, no longer carrying any relevance to him.
- Gun God – the main character of the story, the last 'unmodified' human.
- V/V – Known only to Gun God as "the angel", she is a beautiful angel girl that takes residence in Gun God's apartment. She is eventually revealed to be an incarnation of Type-Venus.
- Angel (天使 , tenshi?) - She is an unnamed A-Ray part of the angel species, classified as "No.20 Guardian Angels", who has a romantic interest in Gun God. Other A-Rays believe it is below them to interact with a weak human that would be unable to strengthen their species genetically, but she states she finds him attractive and there are not many A-Rays close enough to the angels in physical appearance in the first place. They often go out to drink together, and she takes a great interest in his state of mind. Though she is a humanoid with wings, she does not use them for flight. They are actually used as a dish to collect heavy particles from her surroundings, allowing her to fly and output enough energy to equal a nuclear bomb. This places the angels on the same level as the top ten A-Ray species and the Knights. She takes part in the battle against Type Saturn, though she is seriously injured, and she is saved by Gun God. She speaks with him for a final time before leaving him to die as he wishes.
- Ado Edem, also known as Knight Edem, is known as being the strongest of the Ether Liners, who wields the demonic sword, Slash Emperor. He is attributed with destroying Type Saturn and Type Jupiter by slicing its core in half.
- The Six Sisters (六人姉妹, rokunin shimai?), referred to as the "No1 Earth's saving system", are six being that ruled over all of the A-Rays during the war. They each carried an ability allowing them to surpass all of the one hundred species, and they were users of Magic. Their appearances were those of humans that looked like witches, who wore black hats and rode on broomsticks, from a fairy tail. The youngest sister, Judgment (審判, ?), was defeated by one of the Knights near the end of the war, and her death cry was powerful enough that it tore apart an entire continent. The Sisters are said to have killed Type-Pluto, possibly in a mutual destruction, but there are conflicting reports. The blood of Type-Pluto created the blood sky above the clouds, and it is said the clouds themselves are actually a barrier designed to keep the two remaining Aristoteles from entering the world.
- ↑ clockwick canaan-vail's preface
- ↑ Notes. translation by Evospace, edited by Raeinus, from Beast's Lair.
|Ado Edem • Aristoteles • (Type Mercury • Type Venus • Type Moon) • Gun God • Humans • Land of Steel|