English | Japanese
"I won't take life. Only destroy your civilization."
Photon Ray: War God's Sword (軍神の剣, Gunshin no Ken?) is the unleashed power of the Sword of Mars, the sword of Altera which is shaped like a longsword while also bearing a "somewhat futuristic design." While speculated to be formed from the combination of "the prowess and terror that led to her being feared as the ‘Divine Punishment’ and ‘The Scourge of God’" and the "anecdote about her obtaining the ‘Sword of Mars’", the sword is not a power originating from Altera or her origins in Velber but is instead the sword of the original God of War whom Altera defeated. It is also the prototype of Divine Constructs.
The "blade" of the sword, formed of tri-colored bands of light, is believed to be capable of destroying "any and all existence" on Earth. When its True Name is released, Altera charges at and extensively annihilates the enemy camp while crossing over it like a shooting star with the "blade" projecting mana with a rainbow-like light. Upon unleashing its true power, both its rank and type classification as a Noble Phantasm increases.
Teardrop Photon RayEdit
Teardrop Photon Ray: Star of Tears, War God's Sword (涙の星、軍神の剣, Namida no Hoshi, Gunshin no Ken?) is the enhanced version of the original Photon Ray Noble Phantasm and the true power possessed by the Sword of Mars.
The sword of light is, in actuality, nothing but some sort of laser pointer that designates the attack spot. Simultaneously as its True Name is unleashed, a giant light pillar (the real Photon Ray) thrusts itself in against Altera's designated spot from the distant skies above, annihilating a wide area. It's, so to speak, a orbiting satellite laser attack. Because of this property of causing an attack from above, it is useful for attacking strongholds.
When invoking this Noble Phantasm, Altera is actually establishing a connection with the God of War Mars (Ares). Due to her actions as the White Titan 14,000 years ago, Mars loathes Altera more than anyone else and upon recognizing the connection, he would unleash Photon Ray, his light of authority, towards her. Altera’s usage of mana for this Noble Phantasm is to actually redirect that light of authority towards the designated spot of attack, costing a great deal of mana to redirect it.
Romulus states that the Teardrop Photon Ray is a virtual manifestation of Mars himself in upper orbit who proceeds to swing a giant sword of light. In ancient times, it was the physical form of the concept of battle. He muses that if Altera was able to use this attack, then it's possible that her power has, to some extent, combined with that of Mars'; although Altera's attack is a "little meager" compared to what Mars can do.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Fate/Grand Order Profile of Attila the Hun, translated by Master of Chaos at Beast's Lair.
- ↑ Fate/Extella: "The precious, precious souvenir has, after a long time, become Altera's identity itself. Not as the comet's vanguard, the white giant Sefar, but the nucleus of the Altera who exists in her current appearance. The sword of an ancient god. The prototype of Divine Constructs."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Fate/EXTELLA material - Altera, translated by ComunCoutinho at Twitter.
- ↑ Fate/Extella (English) - Dawn Arc: Chapter 7 - Dawn of the Crimson Rose
- ↑ Fate/Grand Order - Salomon: The Grand Time Temple - Act 03: II / Intelligence Room Flauros, translated by BLITZBLAST & taiboo.