- This article is about the Servant class. For the specific Servant summoned during the fourth and fifth War, see Saber (Fate/stay night).
Saber (セイバー, ?), Knight of the Sword, is one of the seven normal Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War and considered one of the Three Knight classes along with Lancer and Archer. Servants placed within this class are agile and powerful melee warriors adept at swordsmanship. The qualifying conditions require the Heroic Spirits to have legends as a knights of the sword, and it is the class that requires the highest levels of attributes in all but the Magic attribute. The Saber class has, without fail, proceeded to the final battleground in every Holy Grail War, so it is boasted as the strongest among all classes.
Servants of this class have high ratings in all categories, and the compatible Heroic Spirits usually excel in delivering powerful burst attacks. The Class Abilities include the strongest Magic Resistance of all classes, and the Riding ability like the Rider Class.
- Details are unknown for the Saber class Servants summoned during the First and Second Wars.
- The Saber Class Servant summoned during the Third War, briefly shown in Fate/hollow ataraxia, is an unknown Heroic Spirit that was split into two unique Servants summoned by a pair of twin Edelfelt sisters. Due to their innate Sorcery Trait, Ore Scales, they were to summon two aspects of the same Heroic Spirit and utilize them separately during the War. The recreation of the Third Holy Grail War in hollow ataraxia is imperfect, so they were not represented as they actually appeared in the War. The Servants are represented by Saber and Saber Alter, and their Masters are represented by Rin Tohsaka and Sakura Matou.
- The Saber Class Servant summoned during the Fourth War in Fate/Zero is King Arthur summoned by Kiritsugu Emiya. Diarmuid Ua Duibhne, summoned as Lancer, also has the qualifications to be summoned as Saber.
- The Saber Class Servant summoned during the Fifth War in Fate/stay night is once again King Arthur summoned by Shirou Emiya. Due to her unique circumstances, she keeps her memories of the previous War. She changes Masters during different routes. Caster becomes her Master for part of Manga and Unlimited Blade Works and some bad endings. Rin Tohsaka becomes her Master in the later part of the Unlimited Blade Works, while in the Manga Shirou regains his rights as her master. Sakura Matou becomes her Master in Heaven's Feel, and she undergoes corruption from Angra Mainyu to become Saber Alter. Other versions include Saber Lily in Fate/unlimited codes and Saber Lion in Fate/tiger colosseum. Heracles, summoned as Berserker, also has the qualifications to be summoned as Saber.
- The Saber Class Servants summoned during the Holy Grail War of the Moon Cell in Fate/Extra include Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus summoned the Protagonist, and Gawain summoned by Leonardo B. Harwey.
- The Saber Class Servants summoned during the Holy Grail War of Fate/Apocrypha are Siegfried and Mordred. Joan of Arc, summoned as Ruler, also has the qualifications to be summoned as Saber.
- There is no Saber Class Servant summoned during the Holy Grail War of Fate/strange fake. The class has been removed due to the unorthodox nature of the war, and instead has a seventh Master, the Player, without a Servant. They have the ability to use Command Spells to briefly draw upon the power of any Servant.
- The Saber Class Servant summoned in Fate/Prototype is the original version of King Arthur.