Saber's True Name is Altera (アルテラ, Arutera?), or Attila (アッティラ, Attira?), but she is different from the Altera of Earth. She is Velber 02, also known as the White Titan (白い巨人, Shiroi Kyojin?), or the Ark of the Stars, one of the ships that surround the main Velber "Harvester Star." The ship entered the solar system with her "older brother" and "younger sister" fourteen thousand years ago, Velber 01 and Velber 03, and she eventually landed on the Moon. She invaded the Moon Cell and Earth simultaneously, becoming known as "Sefar" (セファール, Sefāru?) on Earth.
She invaded SERAPH as an Anti Cell, and also sent her own data to Earth to create a material body (avatar), invading both at the same time. She did huge damage to both, but was beaten by the Moon Cell on the Moon and by the wielder of the holy sword on Earth. On Earth she became a corpse, but on the Moon she was sealed since Moon Cell had no way to wipe her out. The Altera (Moon) stayed in the Star of Tears which became the separated "unknown territory". 14000 years past and Altera wakes up as the Velber approach the galaxy again.(While in the first part of Extella it is said that Altera stirred of her volition… but in truth, it was Archimedes who roused her.)
An avatar the “Titan Altera” created to act as a separate, more mobile agent. Creating the avatar drained the titan’s resources greatly, so much that she actually shrank as a result. (Her body dropped down one-rank, from thirty-four meters, her size when she was sealed away, to sixteen meters.)
As a pseudo-Servant created by the titan, she is able to freely move around SE.RA.PH (within the restrictions of her limited mana supply). When the titan is in sleep mode, she sees through Hero Altera’s eyes in an experience similar to a dream.
A pseudo-Servant, “Hero Altera” requires a Master (in her case, Hakuno) in order to exist in a tangible form. Without Hakuno at her side, she would have no mana source, and would be unable to move or act.
She wields the Sword of Mars, a tricolored blade of light. As a Servant of the Umbral Star, she feeds on the data inside the SE.RA.PH. She leads the warped “Forces of Destruction.”
She has white hair and red eyes.
- Street Vacances (ストリート・ヴァカンス, Sutorīto Vakansu?) - Altera's swimsuit costume.
- Neighbor Altera (となりのアルテラさん, Tonari no Arutera-san?) - Altera's casual costume.
Her personality is exactly the same as the version of Altera who walked the fields of the Earth, better known as Attila the Hun. Attila, for reasons she only half remembered, revered the God of War, and of Altera’s three present incarnations, her Hero self most clearly shows that god’s influence.
Cold-hearted and cruel, she seems like a killing machine without a shred of emotion, but is there more behind her stoic facade?
Despite being known as the King of Destruction, her main persona is introverted, strong-willed, and soft-spoken. The three tenets of her core self are neatness (humility, purity), generosity (gentleness, patience), and innocence (she is demure, yet can be cruel in spite of herself).
Although her personality is gentle and intelligent, her sheer size makes first impressions terrifying. As well, her modest, reticent nature and her calculating gaze can both come across as cold cruelty. Accordingly, humans ruled out the possibility of negotiating with her from the beginning, and so she was scorned as a fearsome monstrosity. Altera herself doesn’t mean to scare people, but her history and purpose of destroying all humans makes it difficult to converse with them. As a result, she has given up trying to correct their mistaken assumptions, and is at peace with being feared.
She is the exact image of the stereotypical well-bred young lady who does not understand she is tremendously beautiful. She is also a maternal type cool-dere who watches over Hakuno even while she is intimate, affectionate, and dependant on them. She possesses the latitude and infinite patience of an older woman. On top of all this is the fragility and sadness she feels as a result of the solitary position she’s placed in, as well as her calculating nature as an invader and destroyer.
Everything up until now has been a description of her “core personality”.
Altera’s sense of self is made of three viewpoints, but they are not mixed together, and are instead treated as their own independent facets. To describe it in human terms, it is akin to multiple personality disorder. Altera switches between them to suit her needs when she deals with other people; in essence, she changes the OS of her personality.
Those three personalities pertain to the three primary colors of the prism that is Altera’s symbol.
- Green: The facet of the maiden. Weak-willed and cute.
- Red: The facet of the warrior. Cold and fearsome. This is the most visible aspect of the Hero Altera.
- Blue: The facet of the goddess. Kind and merciful.
The blue facet is her main personality. She switches to green when she stirs from “sleep” or when something makes her happy, and red when she’s in battle or when she becomes angry.
The three colors of light that reflect Altera’s personality are actually kind of like a spotlight. Also, even though she has multiple persona OSes, her tastes and predilections do not change.
Her likes include small, fragile things, gentle times, hair accessories, and physical affection. She dislikes weaklings, stereotypes, lies, and sickness.
In this context, “weaklings” does not describe beings who lack power, but rather refers to those who lack mental fortitude. “Fragile things,” in contrast, actually means “cute things.” This is why Altera’s My Room slowly fills up with more and more lovely objects.
It’s a complex matter, to be sure, but her way of approaching any situation is different for each of her facets. For instance, if she encountered a “fragile thing”, her maiden personality would interact with it lovingly, her warrior personality would toy with it, and her goddess personality would cherish it.
Basically, Altera is hungry for communication with others. She has always wished to talk to people, to truly interact with them, but she had never been able to do so before.
- From the perspective of the Altera sleeping on the Moon, the life of Attila was but a fanciful dream. This is similar to the circumstances of Saber and “The Forests of Camlann and the Holy Grail War” in Fate/stay night.
- But Attila’s memories left their mark on Titan Altera, sparking a glimmer of humanity within her. As a result, she began to question her programmed mission.
- Nero and Tamamo no Mae
- When it comes to Nero and Tamamo no Mae, Altera recognizes both of them as obstacles who stand in her way of conquering the Moon Cell. On the outside, she says only that the other Regalia wielder are in her way and works to get rid of them. She would never say it out loud, but she is full of jealousy, admiration, and even fear for the both of them. She respects them as proper Servants of her Master.
- Altera realizes that her existence inspires fear, so she is preoccupied with worry that Hakuno will make a hasty bid for escape and return to his or her two previous Servants. She also believes that the only way to truly make Hakuno her Prisoner, both physically and mentally, is to defeat Nero and Tamamo without mercy. Titan Altera’s sentiment is much the same. “There is no meaning in conversing with them,” she might say. “The two of them must be removed.” Although her words are gentle, she has no intention of holding back.
- For both Alteras, Nero is an obstruction as both a conqueror and a Servant. She is someone Altera cannot co-exist with. She both hates and envies Nero’s tendency to act with wild abandon. (If Hakuno was not in the picture, there is a good possibility that Nero, who tends to lavish attention on one person, and Altera, who gets lonely easily, would be good friends.)
- Meanwhile, Tamamo no Mae is still someone Altera needs to get rid of, since she is also contracted to Hakuno Kishinami, but she does not irritate Altera as much as Nero does. In fact, she feels like there are many parallels between them, from the fact that Tamamo is “not human” and their respective positions as Divine Spirits (of a sort) to the shared frustration that Nero holds the “main” contract with Hakuno. But in some ways, it’s precisely because of these similarities that the two are incompatible. Altera cannot understand whatsoever how Tamamo can act so fecklessly, even though she, too, is a monster.
- If Nero is her rival in conquering the Moon, Tamamo-no-Mae is her rival in having the greatest stats in the world of Extella.
- Hakuno Kishinami
- Hakuno is the first person Altera has ever interacted with who does not stereotype her. Because everything in the world has been scared of Altera up until that point, she is just happy that Hakuno will touch her kindly. She begins to find joy in gentle physical contact.
- She frequently tries to touch Hakuno, but she usually pulls back her hand because she’s afraid of being scary… and she’s constantly fighting an internal battle between those two lines of thought. She’s actually quite shy, as it turns out. However, since she has good reason to do so, she seizes the opportunity with surprising boldness.
- An example scenario. Her Master is tired from fighting, lies down on her stomach in order to recover, and starts an event.
- The interaction between a human and a giant, both heart-warming and passionate, are described in the story. In the story, Altera goes from being surprised and happy about physical contact to fully enjoying herself. In other words, she finds a certain pleasure in have Hakuno play on her body.
Saber is a playable character and her main party consist of herself, her adjutant Gilgamesh, Jeanne d'Arc, and Iskandar. She is the heroine of the dawn arc where she takes the protagonist "prisoner" however eventually falls in love with him/her and defies the Umbral Star . Her and the protagonist (the body of the protagonist) mainly interact in a cavern where she is titan sized however she can send herself out in a smaller hero sized mode to the outside world. The memories of the two Altera's are linked however they have differing personalities with Titan Altera being shy at times however very friendly to the protagonist (except when trying to portray herself as a "destroyer") while hero mode can be at times somewhat stern but shows a tsundere personality type.
Hero mode even helps stop titan mode when she is transformed into Sefar however hero mode cannot exist without the titan mode so she fades away - the protagonist sends his memories into an alternate timeline to himself before the events leading up to her end, to save Altera.
In the Golden Dawn arc the memories (which went to the mind of the protagonist) are used to help Saber(Nero)+ the protagonist (mind and eventually merged with soul) to help save Altera from her fate with even Saber(Nero) becoming convinced from seeing the shared memories of Altera's tears from her end in the dawn arc. After convincing her to stop being a destroyer Altera's master (the body of the protagonist) fades away to prevent a time continuum (of saving Altera as in the other timeline this is when he sent his memories) causing a tearful departure between the master and servant. However without her master shortly after hero mode fades away.
The Titan Altera is accidentally freed by Elizabeth (who was trying to steal Titan Altera's powers) who comes to the rescue of the moon cell and saves Saber (Nero) and the protagonist from Archimedes scheme of destroying everything. After the moon cell is saved Titan Altera also fades away however leaving a much younger normal child sized Altera who still recognizes the protagonist as her master.
- Main article: Saber (Fate/Grand Order - Attila)
The Altera of Earth is able to be summoned by the Protagonist. She is the remnant of Sephyr after being expelled by the holy sword during the Age of Gods. She re-emerges thousands of years later as Attila the Hun, the "Scourge of God".
All The Statesmen: Learn with Manga Records of the American Frontier Edit
She appeared as recurring character who claims to be Wyatt Earp, Bufallo Bill, Davy Crockett and later Goddess Columbia, denying that she is Altera. She finally reveals herself as White Titan to save Paul Bunyan from the singularity she created. How White Titan get into the singularity remained a mystery.
Her Noble Phantasm is Teardrop Photon Ray.
In the Early Dawn Territory/Zone, she is 16 meters in size, but that's only because her default height is set to be "10x the size of the people native to that civilization". In this environment, she consumes spiritons to accelerate the rate of her growth.
There was a limit to how large the alter ego of the Titan Altera could grow on Earth in relation to its gravity, but there exists no such limit in cyberspace. That being said, her movements slow down if she becomes too massive, and since it takes time for her thoughts to be communicated to her peripheries, it’s thought that she manually optimizes her size to facilitate easier movement.
She is a standard type of Anti-Cell, built to physically destroy civilizations with raw power.
Magic Energy Absorption (魔力吸収, Maryoku Kyūshū?) is an exclusive skill of Attilaight Cell. The body of the Titan, composed of spiritron collectors, will unconditionally absorb "magical energy processed into techniques" and covert it into HP and Armor values. Techniques equate to skills, knowledge, and civilization. To an Anti Cell, there is no better form of nourishment. Any form of attack (interference) designed by intellect - however undeveloped the theory behind it may be - will only grant more power to Altera. The large firepower of greater magecraft and strategic weapons of science and technology will fuel the fire further. On the other hand, while pure magical energy - what can be called life-force itself - will also be mostly absorbed, it can still exert its regular effect. Facing against an Anti Cell, it comes down to simply "bludgeoning" it. Although this is a troublesome skill that can absorb even physical attacks boosted with Mana Burst, one thing can deal an effective blow. The energy discharge of the holy sword. The White Titan that had once appeared upon the surface was repulsed by the holy sword tempered in the inner sea of the Earth.
Crest of the Wandering Star (遊星の紋章, Yuusei no Monshuu ?) is another exclusive skill of hers. It is the ability to turn into a giant god in order to destroy civilization, her fundamental design. With this passive skill, the lives, structures, and concepts she destroys are absorbed as spiritron information and she increases in size. Altera cannot by her own will remove this skill. By absorbing an amount of mana equal to her current HP amount, her maximum HP doubles. Further, due to her modifier as the Titan, whenever her structure reaches a size double to the previous (16M, 32M, 64M, 128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M) she will advance to the next stage, and all of her parameters are increased by 1 digit. For example, if STR A is equal to a value of 150, and a + doubles that to 300, then with the Titan modifier, what is 300 at first stage, becomes 3,000 at second stage; 30,000 at third stage; and so on, becoming 300,000,000 at her seventh stage. This approaches Gold-Fur White-Face in her nine-tailed form (387,420,489) - an amount of energy on the level of a sun.
Forms and Alternate VersionsEdit
Saber Mars (セイバー・マルス, Seibā Marusu?) is a form taken in Fate/Extella. Titan Altera (巨神アルテラ, Kyoshin Arutera?, Attilaight cell) is the Anti Cell that fell to the Moon as the Vanguard of the predatory Umbral Star.
In her “true” form, she is the enormous White Titan, who laid waste to the civilizations of Earth during the Paleolithic era, which was also the dawn of the Age of Gods. As part of her rampage, she damaged the Moon Cell.
In the world of Fate/EX, it is she who created her human-sized avatar, known as Hero Altera.
Velber sealed away her sense of self during her rampage, but her time on Earth as Attila awakened her awareness. She began to have doubts and eventually question her existence and purpose.
Titan Altera longed for the dream she saw while she was sealed away, the dream of the human Attila racing over onward through the rolling plains. She fostered the hope without ever realizing that her dream could never coexist with her mission as an Anti-Cell.
She was not designed by the Umbral Star, but instead modeled after an individual from a civilization it once consumed. The intelligent life form that served as the base for the Titan was likely filled with the spirit of maternal love and mercy.
Sefar (セファール, Sefāru?, also romanized as Sephyr), also known as Velber 02 (ヴェルバー０２, Verubā 02?) or the White Titan of Tassili n' Ajjer, is a form taken in Fate/Extella, after she was awakened as the destroyer and controlled by Archimedes (in Flame Poem arc and Dawn arc) or Corroded Elizabeth (in Orchid Words arc). She is the final boss in Main Story, excluding Golden Poem arc, as well as the second boss in Archimedes' Side Story. In this form, Sephyr loses reasons but desires to destroys everything in her path. After she was defeated, Sephyr regains her sanity for a last moment to her Master (the Body of the protagonist) and apologizing and thanking the protagonist for being with her until the end before she crumbles into rubble.
If Nero is the trademark heroine with universal allure, and Tamamo no Mae fills the role of “eccentric curveball heroine” then Altera is a niche type of heroine who stands out with her striking personality, despite the lack of mainstream appeal.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 1.38 1.39 1.40 1.41 1.42 1.43 1.44 1.45 1.46 1.47 1.48 1.49 1.50 1.51 1.52 1.53 1.54 1.55 1.56 1.57 1.58 1.59 1.60 1.61 1.62 1.63 1.64 1.65 1.66 1.67 Fate/Extella Material - Altera, p.008
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Fate/Extella Story and Lore (free range spoilers), Translated by Rannoncap
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
 Fate/EXTELLA material - Encyclopedia: Titan Altera [AntiCell], p.102-104 [T]
Giant Goddess Altera [AntiCell]
An Anticell that fell to the moon, purged from the vanguard of a predatory wandering planet. 14,000 years ago(in the paleolithic era, at the dawning of the second age of the gods) this gigantic white goddess caused great damage to both Earth's civilizations and the Mooncell.
From the wandering planet's perspective, it's just one of several weapons of mass destruction used to prey upon Earth's cultures. As a "Giant Goddess" Anticell, Altera is a type of vanuard that personally absorbs the mana of the civilation she's destroying, enlarging in size without reproducing until she has wiped out the civilization in question, exhausting its mana and effectively self-destructing.
In the Early Dawn Territory/Zone (<Mimei Ryouiki>?) she is 16 meters in size, but that's only because her default height is set to be "10x the size of the people native to that civilization". From this initial condition she can assimilate electrons in order to enlarge in scale.
The avatar she created on Earth, the Giant Goddess Altera, does have its growth capacity limited in relation to the force of the planet's gravity (goddamn Square-Cube Law), but within the Mooncell's cyberspace she can enlarge without limits. That being said, if her volume increases too greatly then her actions become weighted down and slowed, with her nervous transmissions taking far more time to reach her extremities. She therefore keeps it in mind to keep her actions as a Giant Goddess restrained to a somewhat moderate scale.
 Fate/EXTELLA material - Encyclopedia: Magic Energy Absorption [Skill name], p.114 [T]
Magic Energy Absorption [Skill name]
Exclusive skill of Attilaight Cell.
The body of the Titan, composed of spiritron collectors, will unconditionally absorb "magical energy processed into techniques" and covert it into HP and Armor values.
Techniques equate to skills, knowledge, and civilization. To an Anti Cell, there is no better form of nourishment.
Any form of attack (interference) designed by intellect - however undeveloped the theory behind it may be - will only grant more power to Altera.
The large firepower of greater magecraft and strategic weapons of science and technology will fuel the fire further.
On the other hand, while pure magical energy - what can be called life-force itself - will also be mostly absorbed, it can still exert its regular effect.
Facing against an Anti Cell, it comes down to simply "bludgeoning" it.
Although this is a troublesome skill that can absorb even physical attacks boosted with Mana Burst, one thing can deal an effective blow. The energy discharge of the holy sword.
The White Titan that had once appeared upon the surface was repulsed by the holy sword tempered in the inner sea of the Earth.
- ↑ Crest of the Wandering Star's effect
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 6.8 6.9
 Fate/EXTELLA material - Character Profile: Attilaight Cell, p.042 [T]
Class: Saber Mars
Blood type: unknown
Image color: light black
Talent: giant transformation
Likes: cute-looking things, small things
Dislikes: trivial works, terrorized gaze.
Natural enemies: Protagonist, Velber 03
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 7.7 7.8 Fate/Extella Material - Sefar, p.044