The legend transmitted in ancient Egypt of a lion-bodied beast with a human face, which is the incarnation of the Sky God Horus, and feared by everybody as a manifestation of wild winds and fire. Even in modern Egypt, its existence is left behind in their language as the “Father of Fear (Abu el-Hol)”. In addition, inside the Great Temple Complex, there is a specimen belonging to the king species that commands the rest of the sphinxes, the Sphinx Wehem-Mesut, lying dormant within.
- Sphinx Wehem-Mesut (スフィンクス・ウェヘ厶メスウト, Sufinkusu Uehemu-Mesuuto?) is the king species that commands the rest of the sphinxes. It is given the alias Cosmos Sphinx (コスモスフィンクス, Kosumosufinkusu?).
- Unnamed Sphinx: The Sphinx that fights King Arthur is claimed by Ozymandias to possess enough power to defeat three Servants, even though King Arthur is able to slay it. The Sphinx is able to cover itself with flames, instantly melting the materials its body comes into contact with. An example of this would be concrete, which became similar in shape to melted candy upon coming into contact with it. It can also adjust the temperature of its claws specifically, turning them into red hot blades.
- Sphinx Awlad (スフィンクス・アウラード, Sufinkusu Aurādo?) are clones of the Sphinx Wehem-Mesut, created by Ozymandias through supplying his magic to it. Their size and mannerisms are quite similar to that of a lion cub. They are rather cute and it possesses quite a giant figure when grown up. The number of years it takes for a cub to grow into an adult is unknown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Fate/Grand Order material IV - Ozymandias, p.068-079
- ↑ Ozymandias Valentine's Event Scene